Windows and doors are some of the first components that people see on your home, creating their first impressions of the property. That’s why it’s important to ensure that these elements are attractive. If you’re planning on upgrading your home, here are some window and door trends for 2019 that you should consider.
- Bright and Unique Color Combinations – Classic colors for windows like soft beige or white are still popular in 2019. However, the use of dramatic palettes like shades of black or dark bronze, and bright and bold colors is also becoming popular.
- Energy Efficiency – Aside from aesthetics, homeowners prioritize windows’ sustainability as well. Energy-efficient windows are installed to reduce energy bills and keep families feel comfortable throughout the day. They help keep hot air out during summer and reduce cold drafts during winters.
- More Glass – Modern windows come with large glass areas and minimal frames. Homeowners tend to go for windows that offer better views. Fixed glass windows are also growing in popularity.
- Bright-Colored Doors – In the past, doors were painted with light or muted colors. Modern doors are brighter and use bolder paint colors. Trendy picks include yellows, turquoise, robin egg blue and real red.
- Modern Door Locks – Homeowners prefer doors with more secure locks. Smart locks are becoming popular because of their ease of access and more lock options. You can also add a ring video on your door for more security.
- Upgraded Aesthetics and Hardware – Modern doors make use of metallic details and various finishing options. Find the one that fits your home’s design.
For the best doors or vinyl window replacement options, contact Stittsville Windows and Doors by calling (613) 271-5434.We serve Stittsville, ON, and the surrounding communities.